NUHOC is always looking for ways to get new gear, supplies, and tools. If you would like to donate gear or funds to NUHOC, please contact a member of the E-Board. Please do not spam us with offers to organize paid trips.
The Lodge could use several items. Most of these are not necessary, as we can make due with what we currently have. However, if you happen to see these somewhere (for free perhaps) feel free to grab them and donate them to the club.
- New storage bins for food kept at the loj. Must be mouse proof.
- Kettles - the ones we have are very beat up and are missing lids and even handles.
- Cutlery - Especially forks
- Plastic Mugs
- Plastic Plates
- Stove Repair - If anyone by chance knows about repairing commercial stoves (specifically Garland brand) or knows someone who does, please contact the LCC.
- A Complete Ratchet / Socket Set
- Drill Bits
- Pliers, needle nose, and channel locks
- Countertops - for replacing the old ones. Someone somewhere connected to NUHOC should have an uncle's friend willing to donate.
- Firewood - isn't cheap, we go through several cords each year. A cheaper connection would be nice, the caveat is that few are willing to deliver up our road.
- Building supplies - are always welcome (especially lumber)
- Railroad Ties - for trail repair
- Mattresses - we use very old student mattresses in the bunkrooms and the lofts. NU throws away mattresses every year that are in much better condition than the ones we currently have. The end of Spring Semester and the just before Fall Semester are a good time to keep your eyes open...
- Forever flashlights - for those times when we need an extra.
- Whiteboard markers for the map by the back porch
- Bongo - We used to have a bongo, and it got alot of use, but aparently it was only on loan, and was taken back by its owner.
- Guitar - a lot of NUHOCers seem to play guitar, having a second one (even if its a cheap pos) can't be a bad thing.
- Acoustic Bass - Because it was really fun when we had guitars and a bass...